Tuesday 14 January 2014

Daily Manna 2014: Rest Assured In God. Wednesday 15, January 2014

Daily Manna 2014: Rest Assured In God
Wednesday 15, January 2014
TEXT: EXODUS 6:1-13

Key verse: “And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty; but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them” (Exodus 6:3).

Some people are simply   ignorant   of just how awesome God is. They underestimate His strength and power, and therefore, believe they can literally get away with any action. They would have been more cautious had they known the attribute of God as Elohim, the Creator and Controller of heaven and earth.

God had in fact introduced Himself to Abraham as El-shaddai, the Almighty. Now He showed Himself to Moses as Jehovah, the covenant-keeping God. Seven times in our text, He declared “I will”, to express the certainty of His ability and power in accomplishing whatever He wants.

It was time now for Pharaoh to see what God would do. He says, “I will do unto Pharaoh”, “I will bring you out” of bondage, “I will rid you out of their bondage”, “I will redeem you”, “I will take you to me”, “I will be to you a God” and “I will bring you in unto the land”. Moses and Israel were becoming discouraged by the increased burden, coupled with the threats and audacious words of Pharaoh. Then, God spoke to reassure them that He would surely fulfill His promise to bring them out of Egypt.

We learn that, in times of disappointment and discouragement, we should turn to the Lord and seek solace in His warm embrace. God answered Moses’ questions about the delay, the bondage and the problem in a single verse. “Now thou shalt see what I will do to Pharaoh...” In perplexing situations, wait patiently and expect God to act on your behalf.


THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Storms are for a moment.

***Share your thoughts and what you've just learnt in the comments section below. Don't forget to SHARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment